Writing and Pronunciation – Including QEP Enhanced Assignment
—Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology Departments
By the due date assigned you will write 2 reports referring to the departments of
Urology (Genitourinary System) and Obstetrics and Gynecology (Female Reproductive System). For the UrologyDepartment, you write a 2 paragraph report and use that for the script of your Oral Report. For the FemaleReproductive System, there are 2 audio clips containing spoken medical terms. See Instructions below for the special directions for this section only.
In order to earn the maximum credit for the written report you need to incorporate at least 10 medical terms for each department, using them in a manner that demonstrates your knowledge of their meaning.
- Include the major or most common diseases or conditions seen in each department.
- Include at least three of the principal procedures that are relevant to each department.
- Highlight pertinent laboratory and radiological diagnostic services relevant to each department.
- Limit your analysis of each department to two paragraphs.
- Special Addition of QEP Assignment for Spoken Medical Terminology.
- In addition, we have something for you auditory learners who prefer to listen for understanding. (This week only!) This only applies to the Female Reproductive Body System.
- Instructions: click on the audio clips to hear a Healthcare Professional describing 2 patients admitted to your fictitious hospital. One is a patient with a gynecological problem, and one is a patient with an obstetric problem. There are many medical terms used. You are to identify at least 20 (10 from each patient) medical terms, and list them with correct spelling, and a definition in your own words (to verify understanding! Copying a definition can bypass the brain altogether!) Put your list in an MS Word doc. File and place that into the Submissions Area. (This might push down your other assignments already submitted, but the files are still safely in there and retrievable by your Instructor.)
Don’t forget your references!
Obstetric Patient Audio
Gynecology Patient Audio