ENV 3 ESSAY # 3
Your essays should be about 1000 words, in 12 font and double-spaced. This means you should devote a good paragraph or more to each part. Include the word count at the top of the assignment.
- Please make an effort with your grammar and your spelling. I require college-level work.
- Essays should be posted by Friday at midnight at the end of each week.
- No late assignments will be accepted. Submit online.
Please separate your answers clearly (with spacing) into the separate parts, labeling Part 1, Part 2, etc….
- Make a complete list of foods you usually eat every week. Give exact brands.
- Make a complete list of foods you usually eat every month. (Skip the ones already listed as weekly) Give exact brands.
- Make a complete list of foods you usually eat every year. (Skip the ones already listed as weekly or yearly) Give exact brands.
- Now count up how many unique foods you consume year round.
- Do these foods comprise full and adequate nutrition?
- What do you need to add?
- Which foods you eat are on the dirty dozen list?
- Which foods are on the clean fifteen list?
- What % of the food you eat is contaminated with pesticides?
- What % of your diet is GMO food?
- What % is organic? Free from GMO and chemicals?
- Estimate the percentage of food you eat from each food group including 1) grains, 2) meats and eggs, 3) dairy (cheese, milk ice cream, yogurt), fruits, vegetables, fats, junk.
Example: 20 % fish, 10 % grains, 5% fruit, 40% junk, etc..
- Estimate fresh vs. packaged/processed
Example: 80 % packaged, 20 % fresh
- Make up 5 menus for breakfast that you would enjoy that contain only organic unprocessed foods
- Make up 5 menus for a lunch you could take to school easily that contain only organic unprocessed foods.
- Make up 5 menus for dinner that contain only organic unprocessed foods
- Discuss your eating habits.
- What about soda?
- What are you doing to yourself?
- Do you care? Are you invincible?
- What changes do you need/want to make?
- Watch at least 4 of the extra films and video clips including the “gangster gardener” film and discuss what you learned.