topic about Hungry Planet: What the World Eats by Peter Menzel, Faith D’Aluisio
1. Identify a Health, Human or Ecological Topic for Analysis.
2. Describe the topic and how it relates to the Course, Course Concepts and/or principles.
3. Analyze the Decision-Making Process (Human) or the Environmental (Ecological) application that is used for your topic
4. What is the reason for your interest or analysis?
5. What changes or recommendations should be made?
6. Would you try to influence your area of interest?
Why or why not? How?
Note: The 6-8 page paper must be typed (12-14 point font), with separate reference (scholarly using MLA, APA or Scientific) and title page.
1)Term Paper for Health; Water or Air Quality(Indoor), Asthma, Food Safety, Nutrition , GMO’s vs Organic, Obesity, Drugs and addictions
2)Term Paper for Human Ecology; Poverty, Housing, Wastes, Sanitation, Food Security and, Human Hazards (Radiation, and Pesticides); or School Dropouts, Juvenile delinquency and Crime
3)Natural Hazards (Fire, Flood, Freezing, Earthquakes), and Disease epidemiology (Ebola, malaria etc.)
4)Science information/data/research can be used for advocacy of a special interest group, showing differences of expert s, contrasting positions and taking-sides or showing the trade-offs.
How are Impacts or hazards measured or assessed? i.e. cost-benefit analysis, risk assessment, or health/ecological thresholds/indicators.
What are the time frames for decisions? Emergency, Law Enforcement procedures, planning process
Is there an environmental health strategy; Health Education/Promotion, Design with Nature, pollution prevention, or environmental enhancement.