Now that you have familiarized yourself with the importance of citing your sources, you’ll need to begin to think about the research you need to conduct for your project. As you continue to develop, and narrow your topic, you will need to begin to find relevant sources in order to add weight to your proposal. Please review the information and 5-part Research Paper Bootcamp Video Series to explore the details involved in conducting research, from brainstorming a topic to developing a thesis to citing your sources. It is an excellent research primer and a useful guide as you begin your projects.
In 2-3 paragraphs, respond to the topics detailed in the Research Paper Bootcamp Video Series.
- Did you find the Research Paper Bootcamp Video Series useful? Which parts?
- What new information did you learn?
- How can you use what you have learned in the video series as you go through a similar process on your proposal?
- After viewing the video series, will you change where you look for sources?
- How did the articles about citing in the professional world help change your perspective on this issue?
In 2-3 paragraphs, respond to another about their reaction to the video series.
- What did you learn that is different from the other student?
- How will you use this information to better help you with your project?
- Based on what you read from the other posting, what advice would you give?
- Have you ever done research on this topic, what personal knowledge do you have that you can share?
- Did you choose to comment on the same article? What did you learn from it?