Storyboard of Focal Species – Edusearchwrittinghub
Building a Story Board
For this assignment you need to provide an outline and a plan for the video you create next week as the final part of this project. You are not actually making the video yet! Your ultimate goal is to make a 2-3 minute video highlighting your species and its habitat in the LA River and the impact of the proposed habitat restoration on this species.
You should format your storyboard like the example at the bottom of the page. Include the following elements (though you may change the order) and the content that will go with them. Consider how the elements fit together to create a video with good flow — it should proceed logically, so you should think how they go together as a set and how you will transition between topics. Feel free to include other fun and interesting facts about your species.
Required Elements – Content
Please note: These are the required elements, but you will need to include more information about your species, its biology and its presence in the Los Angeles River to provide context and make your video engaging.
- Common and Scientific name of your species
- Discussion of iNaturalist observations for your species in the Los Angeles River — what factors are contributing to the patterns you observed?
- NATIVE SPECIES – Skip this section if your species is introduced to the LA River
- Current status of your species both locally and globally (including if it is a species of conservation concern) and what factors have contributed to its status
- The two restoration actions that you chose, and an explanation of how each of these actions would benefit your species. You should reference specific aspects of the species biology and ecology from your .
- INTRODUCED SPECIES – Skip this section if your species is native to the LA River
- Current status of your species both locally and globally. Why was it introduced and what makes the species successful outside of its native habitat?
- What would be the benefits for the LA River ecosystem if your species would be removed? You should reference specific aspects of the species biology and ecology from your .
- What would be two costs to the LA River ecosystem if your species would be removed? You should reference specific aspects of the species biology and ecology from your .
- Attributions (like a citation for images and videos) for any images you use. (Some of the video creators such as Adobe Spark will make this for you automatically if you use images from their library). If you are making them yourself, Open Washington has an that I suggest you use.
Required Elements – Visuals
What visuals or images will you use to communicate about your species in the LA River? Your video must have a minimum of 5 images.
- One of the images is required to be a graph of iNaturalist data from the .
- Suggestions for additional images:
- iNaturalist map of global distributions
- iNaturalist map of observations in the Los Angeles River
- Images of the species and/or the species that it interacts with
- Images of habitat
- Images of the LA River