Obesity and Diabetes: The effects of high fructose corn syrup (beverages and foods) on the adolescent
Write a 2-page paper in which you identify your research question and hypothesis.
In devising your research question, apply the “Attributes of a ‘Good’ Research Question.” Your paper should clearly delineate the extent to which each of the following criteria has been satisfied:
- Relevance – importance, should make a difference for society or social relations.
- Novelty – new information
- Focus – information only pertaining to the subject
- Consisting of two core concepts (at minimum)
- Feasibility – capable of being answered within the time and resources available.
A hypothesis should:
- Be stated clearly and concisely
- Express the relationship between two or more variables
- Be testable
- Be based upon theory and/or clinical experience
REQUIRMENTS: 2 Pages, APA format, research questions, hypothesis, peer reviewed scholarly sources.
Goran, M. I., Ulijaszek, S. J., & Ventura, E. E. (2013). High fructose corn syrup and diabetes prevalence: A global perspective. Global Public Health, 8(1), 55-64. doi:10.1080/17441692.2012.736257
How does consuming high-fructose corn syrup made from genetically-engineered corn link to obesity and diabetes in the united states? (2019). Michigan Academician, 46(1), 75.
Patterson, M., Yee, J., Wahjudi, P., Mao, C., & Lee, W. (2018). Acute metabolic responses to high fructose corn syrup ingestion in adolescents with overweight/obesity and diabetes. Journal of Nutrition & Intermediary Metabolism, 14, 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnim.2018.08.004