Residency activity 2: Individual Presentation on Entrepreneurial Finance
The second day of the residency will focus on explaining knowledge on raising long-tern capital from various sources of finance entrepreneurial projects. The financial method is generally tied to the firm’s life cycle. For Example, start-up firms are often financed by angel investors, Venture capital funds, debt, or a combination of these sources. As firms grow, they may want to “Go Public” and raise funds through an initial public offering. Which is called an IPO.
To better understand entrepreneurial finance, evidence of problems, and deal with such problems in the face of advancement in technology, you will have the opportunity to:
· Look for a peer-reviewed article on Crowdfunding, venture capital funds, or angel investments (please exclude articles on debt financial IPO)
· Review the article and respond to the following question:
1. What corporate finance problem is the article addressing?
2. What method of study (Qualitative, Quantitative, or mixed study) does the author use to address the problem?
3. what are the significant finding or ideas of the study?
4. What is the conclusion of the study? Does the finding support the conclusion?
5. What are the strength and limitations of the study?
6. Make a proposal for future research on the topic that needs to be investigated?
Everyone will have the opportunity to present in front of the virtual class. The presentation should not exceed 30 minutes.