- One aspect of strategic planning is to develop a strong team of people. Discovering and retaining top talent may lead a company to success. Your goal for this journal assignment is to showcase why you would make a good candidate for an organization. To stand out from other candidates, you will want to write a cover letter for each position in which you apply. Cover letters allow you an opportunity to highlight your skills and competencies for potential employers.
- For this assignment, you will develop a cover letter, reflect on your most relevant skills, and assess what action steps you can take to make your cover letter stronger.
- To write an impactful cover letter, you should answer the following questions before you begin composing it. Starting with these questions will help provide a clear and concise message for the person reading your cover letter.
- Why are you interested in the position? Consider what makes the position, organization, or company interesting to you.
- What three skills or competencies do you possess that match the skills the employer is seeking in a candidate?
- You can find these skills by viewing the job description. These specific skills are the reason every cover letter should be unique for each job you apply for.
- Begin by reviewing the following Forbes’ articles:
- Forget Cover Letters – Write A Pain Letter, Instead! (Links to an external site.)
- Stop! Don’t Send That Cover Letter (Links to an external site.)
- Tips For The Perfect Resume And Cover Letter (Links to an external site.)
- Once you have reviewed the articles, identify a position (administrative assistant) interest as a potential job opportunity. You may use any job search website. Two popular employment websites are Indeed (Links to an external site.)and CareerBuilder. After you identify a position of interest, use the job description to identify three skills or qualifications that match your background. Next, develop a cover letter by creating a three- to four-sentence paragraph highlighting your matching skills.
Acegraderesearch.com is a custom writing service that provides online on-demand writing work for assistance purposes. We are using Google Analytics to enhance your experience. No personal data is being tracked.
Phone: +1 (518) 418-5947
Using this service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies. You are allowed to use our model academic papers for revision purposes only