- Prior to beginning this Interactive Assignment, review the sections of Chapters 5, 8, and 9 in the Abraham’s textbook on Assessing the Company and Operational and Budget Planning. Also read the online articles Analyze Investments Quickly With Ratios (Links to an external site.) (Elmerraji, 2017) and What Is an Annualized Budget? (Links to an external site.) (Ashe-Edmunds, n.d.).
- Using the same publicly traded company you used in the Environmental Scanning Interactive Assignment, and the downloadable Operating Budget Template, research the company online by accessing the Mergent University Library online database which offers company financials, descriptions, history, property, subsidiaries, officers and directors. Also, access the Business Insights: Global University Library online database which offers information on global companies, and industries. It includes SWOT reports, market share data, financial reports, case studies, business news, and company comparison charts. (View the Getting Started With Mergent and Business Insights: Global documents for suggested methods of searching University Library databases generally as well as specific advice for searching these two databases). You can always conduct research using credible online sources of corporate financial information, just be sure that wherever you obtain financial information that you cite your source.
- For this Interactive Assignment, you are going to look at the financial statements for the company (McDonald’s) you selected and, using the previous quarter’s financial data, interpret the data and propose a budget for the next Quarter based on your current and previous analysis of company performance. Complete the budget template using this Operating Budget Template:
- List your current sales, discounts and allowances, net sales, margins, operating costs, and earning before and after taxes.
- Choose a minimum of two financial ratios (below) and include in your analysis.
- Prepare the next quarter’s budget based on your interpretation of past data.
- Include at least two of the following types of relevant financial ratios in your analysis. Review the online article Analyze Investments Quickly With Ratios (Links to an external site.) (Elmerraji, 2017) and Chapter 5 in the Abraham’s textbook to help with this portion of the budget:
- Profitability Ratio
- Liquidity Ratio
- Solvency Ratio
- Valuation Ratio
- Leverage Ratio
- (NOTE: Incorporate the feedback you receive from your instructor and peers and save your work. It will be part of your Strategic Plan Final Project for this course).
- Initial Post: In your initial post, provide a brief description of your company and provide a summary of your Operating Budget along with a rationale that supports suggested budgetary changes. Attach your Operating Budget Template to your initial post for review by your instructor and your peers.
Acegraderesearch.com is a custom writing service that provides online on-demand writing work for assistance purposes. We are using Google Analytics to enhance your experience. No personal data is being tracked.
Phone: +1 (518) 418-5947
Using this service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies. You are allowed to use our model academic papers for revision purposes only