Conduct a system analysis and design of a functional area of a real business. The functional area could be cash collection, payroll, warehousing, production, etc. The goal is to investigate the possibility of implementing an information system to address problems, opportunities and directives in that functional area.
The business under study should be a real entity. It could be an existing organization or a local business. A fictitious business doesn’t provide much insight on the real world.
1) Unit 3 – submit a one paragraph written description of your selection.
2) Unit 8 – The Final Report should contain the following documents:
- Executive Summary (What problem, What solution, Why, How much, How long)
- Background on the case (business location, activities, contact)
- Project Plan
- Business Problem
- Project Scope/System Objective
- System Modelings
- Process Modeling
- Data Modeling
- Feasibility Analysis
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Critical Success Factores
- Risk Management
- Proposed Solution
- System Design (Input/Output, Databases, Software/Hardware/Interface)
- Implementation Schedule (Gannt/Perch charts)
- Other recommendations