Client Profile: Diana Prince
Resting Heart Rate: 75 bpm
Weight: 165 lb
Body Fat Percentage: 31%
Background and Goals: Diana is a 37-year-old mother of two children. She used to exercise fairly consistently (mostly jogging and light aerobic activities) before having kids. Ever since she had her first child 9 years ago, she has not been very active. Diana has her 20-year high school reunion coming up in 3 months (12 weeks). She would like to look and feel her best and is eager and willing to spend the next 12 weeks doing what she can to change her body.
Calculations: Calculate the client’s target heart rate using the Karvonen formula.
Training Program: Design a 12-week periodized training program for the client described in the Client Profile. Be very specific as you design the training program. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your full comprehension of the information and concepts discussed throughout the course. List the types of exercise, duration, sets, reps, rest intervals, and so on.
Include the following in your case study submission:
· A description of your professional responsibilities as discussed in the stages of the drawing-in process (Unit 12)
· Discussion of any fitness tests, methods of evaluation, and data collection used to assess and evaluate the clientÕs needs
· Specific conditions that you have identified in the client profile
· A detailed 12-week comprehensive and periodized training program including specific exercises, sets, repetitions, suggested rest times, etc. Use an integrated approach in your program recommendations.
· Specific and detailed nutritional strategies and an explanation as to how the strategies will assist the client in meeting energy needs
· Explanation for your chosen assessment, programming, and nutritional recommendations. (Be sure to reference course concepts when discussing rationale for your recommendations.