Carefully read and follow the instructions below, and then choose one of the provided topics and write an original, well-developed, five-paragraph essay. Review chapters 2, 3, and 4 regarding effective thesis statements, titles, introductions, conclusions, formatting, etc.
- Choose one of the three topics listed below to write an essay according to the corresponding pattern.
- Begin the essay with an introduction before the thesis statement.
- At the end of the introduction paragraph, include a thesis statement that expresses some type of attitude or opinion. BE SURE TO UNDERLINE YOUR THESIS STATEMENT.
- Include your three supporting points within or immediately after your thesis statement.
- Write supporting paragraphs in the same order the points were listed in the introduction paragraph.
- Provide an effective conclusion.
- Revise to make sure sentences make sense and sufficient details are provided; take out sentences that stray from the topic or do not make sense.
- Be sure the essay has a title and you have properly labeled your paper. Double space your essay. Do not single space.
- Proofread carefully to catch grammar, spelling, punctuation and other errors.
CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE ESSAY TOPICS BELOW AND WRITE A WELL DEVELOPED, FIVE PARAGRAPH ESSAY. YOUR ESSAY MUST HAVE AN INTRODUCTION, THREE BODY PARAGRAPHS AND A CONCLUSION.
EACH BODY PARAGRAPH MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF TEN (10) SENTENCES.
THE INTRODUCTION AND CONCLUSION MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF FIVE SENTENCES.
Essay Topic 1
Description: Write a descriptive essay andchoose from oneof the following three descriptive topics.
Descriptive Topic #1 – Childhood memory or
Descriptive Topic #2 – Ideal mate or
Descriptive Topic #3 – An event that has made you a better person.