A sports vehicle has the following features:
– 2165 kg mass, including four road wheels.
– each wheel has a rolling radius of 0.33 m, a turning radius of 0.25 m, and a mass of 24.5 kg.
– The engine develops 325 Nm of torque at 3395 rpm.
– Equivalent moment of inertia of rotating parts at engine speed is 0.733 kgm ^ 2.
– The transmission efficiency is 85% and the total gear ratio of the drivetrain in third gear is 4.28: 1.
– The front area of the vehicle is 1.86 m ^ 2 and the aerodynamic friction coefficient is 0.38.
– Rolling resistance coefficient is 0.02.
– Air density is 1.23 kg / m ^ 3.
(Moment of inertia, I = mass x r ^ 2, where r is the radius of rotation)
(a) Under these conditions, determine the vehicle’s acceleration on the level road.
(b) Determine the acceleration for the same condition, except for an uphill slope of 10%.